Thursday, October 27, 2011

Scenes I’d Like to See in a Romance #19

Such a sweet girl

The hero, John, is talking to his mother, Martha, about the girl, Mary, he brought home to dinner.  

"Well, what do you think, mom?” 

“Are you serious about her?” 

“I think so but I want to know what you think first.” 

“I love her. We could be best girlfriends. I like everything about her.” 

“I hear a ‘but’ in there.” 

“She’s too much like me. If I was younger we would look like sisters.” 

“You know the old song, ‘I want a girl just like the girl who married dead old dad.’” 

“That’s just the problem.” 

“What?” 

“I drove your father to distraction for 35 years. I wouldn’t want that to happen to you.” 

“Really?” 

“He was a saint, poor soul.” 

“So you’re saying I should choose a woman you can’t get along with?” 

“Exactly.” 

“Let me see what I can do.” 

The End.

See all the Scenes Here

No comments:

Post a Comment