Monday, August 29, 2011

Scenes I’d Like to See in a Romance #11


Sammie, the heroine, is talking to her best friend Mary about the hero, John.

“I need to do something. John only sees me as one of the guys. I’m his best buddy but he never looks at me as a girlfriend.”

“Well, you were on John’s football team in high school. The only girl in the state.”

“I was a place kicker. That’s different. It’s not like I was some giant lineman.”

“And you are the chief mechanic on his stock car racing team.”

“My father had the same job. He taught me. What was I supposed to do?”

“You could let your hair grow long and wear dresses. That might help.”

“Change? No way! I want a man who will love me for who I am.”

“You’ve already accomplished that. John loves you as a buddy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment