Sunday, August 28, 2011

Scenes I’d Like to See in a Romance #10


Mary is talking to her best friend Jane about Mary’s love for, John, the hero, who is six years older than she is.

“The problem is he still sees me as Brad’s little bratty sister. He just doesn’t see me as a woman.”

“Well, you could try the nuclear option.”

“What’s that?”

“You could ‘accidently’ let him see you naked.”

“Not a good idea. I’m not exactly voluptuous. He might start thinking of me as a boy.”
“Don’t be silly, Mary. Maybe you could bake him a cake?”

“John is a gourmet chef. Cooking will only show up my shortcomings.”

“This is tough. You don’t happen to have a ‘hidden child’ do you?”

“Not unless I’ve had a 'hidden' year of amnesia.”

“That would work.”

“Forget it!”

“Then I don’t know what to do.”

“It think I feel sick.” 

"That only works with doctors not chefs. Oh, unless, you mean 'morning' sick, sick?"

"No, I mean really sick, sick!"

“What do you think is wrong?”

“I think it’s a case of early-onset ‘black moment’."

"Then there's only one thing to do as far as I can tell."

"What's that?"

"We've got to call James Scott Bell."

 



No comments:

Post a Comment