Monday, February 7, 2011

Famous Quotes: Quiz IV



Who Wrote These Quotes: Me or Someone Famous?


(1) I was writing before I could read. I’d fill notebooks with scribbles and my mother would pretend to read them to me.
Charles Dickens or Vince Mooney

(2) Storytelling reveals meaning without committing the error of defining it.
Hannah Arendt or Vince Mooney

(3) Write down the thoughts of the moment. Those that come unsought for are commonly the most valuable.
Francis Bacon or Vince Mooney

(4) Readers want fiction to read like nonfiction and nonfiction to read like fiction.
Tom Clancy or Vince Mooney

(5) Be obscure clearly.
E.B. White or Vince Mooney

(6) I don’t tell readers what my characters are feeling, I don’t even show what my characters are feeling, I made the reader feel what my characters are feeling. It’s all about feelings and the ‘reading experience’. “
Stephen King or Vince Mooney

(7) A writer is someone who can make a riddle out of an answer.
Karl Kraus or Vince Mooney

(8) There’s no such thing as ‘character-driven’ or ‘plot-driven’; all stories must be pulled to the climax by the power of anticipation.
Donald Maass or Vince Mooney

(9) Most editors are failed writers - but so are most writers.
T.S. Eliot or Vince Mooney

(10) I would feel a lot better if writing rules were written by successful writers.
Robert Benchley or Vince Mooney

(11) A writer is somebody for whom writing is more difficult than it is for other people.
Thomas Mann or Vince Mooney

(12) A ‘sagging middle’ is a symptom of not knowing how to reward a reader for reading.
James Scott Bell or Vince Mooney

(13) The best style is the style you don't notice.
Somerset Maugham or Vince Mooney

(14) The amazing thing is not how many manuscript rejections there are; it’s how many books actually get published.
Max Perkins or Vince Mooney

(15) A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author.
G.K. Chesterton or Vince Mooney

 

No comments:

Post a Comment