Friday, March 25, 2011

Famous Quotes IX


Who Wrote These Quotes: Me or Someone Famous?

(1) Fantasy's hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it.
Lloyd Alexander or Vince Mooney

(2) Writing is just the physical manifestation of what’s going on in the writer’s mind. It’s the mind that’s the wonder; not the writing.
J. L. Austin or Vince Mooney

(3) A good title should be like a good metaphor. It should intrigue without being too baffling or too obvious.
Walker Percy or Vince Mooney

(4) Why can’t the really bad authors ever get writer’s block?
Will Rogers or Vince Mooney

(5) Good writing is supposed to evoke sensation in the reader- not the fact that it is raining, but the feeling of being rained upon."
E.L. Doctorow or Vince Mooney

(6) When writers work their magic, their words disappear.
Patricia Gaffney or Vince Mooney

(7) A book worth reading only in childhood is not worth reading even then.
C.S. Lewis or Vince Mooney

(8) Writing things down will no more get them out of your system than printing your WIP will get it out of your computer’s system. All you’ve done is created a second location for what is bothering you.
Nicholas Sparks or Vince Mooney

(9) The shorter and the plainer the better.
Beatrix Potter or Vince Mooney

(10) If you are a really entertaining story teller, you can write any story to any page length the publisher wants.
Jack London or Vince Mooney

(11) "A writer should create living people; people, not characters. A character is a caricature."
Ernest Hemingway or Vince Mooney

(12) I think a really good novel is one that’s exactly 225 page long.
Sophie Tucker or Vince Mooney

(13) "Manuscript: something submitted in haste and returned at leisure."
Oliver Herford or Vince Mooney

(14) Rewriting is totally overrated. If you can’t cook a decent meal, what makes you think re-cooking it is going to make it much better?
Stephen King or Vince Mooney

(15) "If I didn't know the ending of a story, I wouldn't begin. I always write my last line, my last paragraph, my last page first."
Katherine Anne Porter or Vince Mooney


1 comment:

  1. It finally happened!

    I’m not sure which of these I wrote myself. I’m going to have to Google them to find which ones I wrote. : )

    Vince

    ReplyDelete